Today is the first day out of “lockdown life” for Melburnians and while some restrictions remain, it is with a deep sigh of relief that we can now look forward to reuniting with loved ones and regaining some sense of normality in the weeks and months ahead.
As you are aware of the Premier’s Statement of 17 October and the updated Victorian Roadmap released 19 October states that we can now open places of worship for 20 fully vaccinated people from 22 October onwards. We are thankful to the officials for allowing this.
The current restriction for places of worship is below:
Fully Vaccinated: Indoor cap of 20 with DQ4. Outdoor cap of 50 with DQ4.
Unknown Vaccination Status: Indoor cap of 10 with DQ4. Outdoor cap of 20 DQ4.
Children under 12 months old are not counted towards caps.
Archbishop’s letter to Clergy on 18th Oct. 21, indicates at least one (if not more) ‘Unknown Vaccination Status’ Masses should be offered in each Parish per week to enable the faithful to attend. So, we are making the following temporary arrangements after discussing with key parishioners.
St. Anne’s church will open from Tuesday 26th October for public Mass.
- Tuesday 26th Oct. 6 pm for 20 fully vaccinated at St. Anne’s church
- Wednesday 27th Oct. 9:30 am for 20 fully vaccinated at Holy Family Hall
- Wednesday 27th Oct. 6 pm for 10 unvaccinated at St. Anne’s church
- Thursday 28th Oct. 9:15 am for 10 unvaccinated at St. Anne’s church
- Thursday 28th Oct. 6 pm for 20 fully vaccinated at St. Anne’s church
- Friday 29th Oct. 9:15 am for 10 unvaccinated at St. Anne’s church
- Friday 29th Oct. 6 pm for 20 fully vaccinated at St. Anne’s church
- Saturday 30th Oct. 9.15 am for 10 unvaccinated at St. Anne’s church
- Saturday 30th Oct. 6 pm for 20 fully vaccinated at St. Anne’s church
- Sunday 31st Oct. 9.00 am for 10 unvaccinated at St. Anne’s church
- Sunday 31st Oct. 10.30 am for 20 fully vaccinated at St. Anne’s church
Important things to remember
*Please join only to the allocated Mass. Apparently NO MIXING recommended.
*The maximum numbers allowed is including the celebrant and Covid marshal.
*First come first serve, system is applicable for weekday Masses, as we have only seen less than 20 people. Use Eventbrite system to book in for Saturday and Sunday Masses. See our website for the link. If you have been to any weekday Masses, give chance to other parishioners.
*All Masses regardless of weekday or weekend is relevant and it’s important to remember the Dispensation toward the Sunday Obligation remains in place whilst we cannot offer the ample opportunity for people to attend in person.
*We will have a picture of the way froward at the end of the week. Then we will plan for the following week.
*Have patience as we work through this difficult time. We have tried our best to accommodate everyone as possible.
*Follow the directions of COVID Marshals.
*We urgently need Covid marshals/greeters in order to fully comply with the requirements. Please let us know if you can help.
*If you are vaccinated, have the vaccination certificate or proof of medical exemption linked to Service QR Victoria app and check in OR if you don’t have a smart phone, bring printed copy of your vaccination certificate.
*If vaccination status is unknown, you still need to use QR code check in.
* For those with hard copy certificates, we require your Name, Contact and Acknowledgement of vaccination proof or vaccination exemption. This record will be kept securely for 28 days.
*Face mask must be used at all times unless medically exempt and sanitize your hands as you enter in the church and before receiving communion.
*Please stay back after Mass to sanitise seats
*Our worship is designed to keep all of us safe in covid safe manner.
*Write or call us if you have any concerns.